Town Hall: Techpreneurship in the Digital Age
Our Town Hall event in Nairobi co-hosted with Liquid Telecom and Sasai on the 13th November 2019.
This was the closing event of a programme of panel discussions to commemorate the launch of our final report The Digital Roadmap, and our 10 step recommendation booklet, The Digital Manifesto.
Moderated by Bonney Tunya, the first part was a conversation with our commissioners and academic directors:
- Kamal Bhattacharya, Co-founder & CEO, MojoChat
- Daniela Rus, Roboticist, Director of the Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence Laboratory (CSAIL) MIT
- Benno Ndulu, Professor of Economics, University of Dar es Salaam former Governor, Bank of Tanzania
- Stefan Dercon, Professor of Economics and Director of the Centre for the Study of African Economies at Oxford University
The second part was a conversation with young digital entrepreneurs:
- Diana Wanjuhi - Software developer, Tala
- Helinna Ayalew - Head of Digital Education, Liquid Telecom
- Stacey Moraa Ondimu - Country Director, Moringa Schools
- Katleho Mofube – Software Engineer, Resolution Circle
You can see the afternoon panel here.